The Naked and Famous - Young Blood
- As this song is of the electronic/ dance genre which is similar to our song I have discovered techniques that will be useful in our own music video.
- Firstly there is no clear representation of individuals in this clip as the angle and shot framings range in that no one person is positively or negatively represented. However through the actions of the characters and the casting gave an overall representation that young people wild, free and a bit reckless is conveyed.
- In addition there are no shots of the artist which is conventional of this genre which we we include in our video.
- An editing technique which I discovered was that the clips cut with the beat of the song or a particular instrument. This creates the pace of the video which is quite fast.
- After looking at each shot in more detail it is apparent that the rule of thirds is used as the point of interest in each shot is usually off centre.
- Also the colours used were a mixture of warm, bright and exotic.